Coopers Sparkling Ale
The ale by which all others should be measured.
With its famous cloudy sediment and its distinctive balance of malt, hops and fruity characters, the old ‘Red Label’ is a tasty slice of Coopers history.
Little has changed since Thomas Cooper produced his first batch of Coopers Sparkling Ale in 1862.
It’s still brewed naturally using the century old top fermentation method and it still tastes great!
Today, Coopers is Australia's sole remaining family-owned brewery of stature, so it's still an every day occurrence to meet a Cooper at the Brewery.
The fifth and sixth generations acting as custodians of Thomas Cooper’s legacy are:
- Dr Tim Cooper, our Managing Director who still keeps a keen eye on the brewing
- Glenn Cooper our Chairman and Marketing Director
- Bill Cooper, after 40 years on the Board of Directors, retired in September 2009
- Melanie Cooper is Director of Corporate Affairs
- Matthew Cooper works at the brewery in Customer Service and Distribution
- Rachel Cooper-Casserly is in Marketing
- And two other family members are involved as Board Directors.
So rest assured, Coopers Brewery is in the hands of those who have the same values as Thomas Cooper and believe in the product that Thomas himself began brewing all those years ago.www.coopers.com.au